måndag 14 januari 2013

Papercraft of Krystal Star Fox Adventures





Hi there! My name is Gustaf Eng and I'm Cartoon Gurra on DeviantArt. This is a project I started because I wanted to have a Papecraft Krystal in her adventure suit, but I couldn't find any model on the internet. Papercraft is the process of taking a 3D model print it out on pieces of paper and the cut and glue the pieces togeather and assemble it to a finished model. 

I got a hold on the original Krystal model awhile ago. So I thought to myself "I worked in a 3D program before so maybe I can do one of my own"and so I did. It was very hard work since I had not only to to rig her but also to simplify the mesh and also alter the texture itself. But I learned a lot in the process and after a little while I come up with the finished model you see above.

A friend of mine of mine suggested I should start a blog about this project. I have never blogged before so this is kind of a new experience for me. Yeah I know I kind a late ^^
It's gonna be fun showing you how my build is progressing and hopefully you will enjoy to read it.

/Cartoon Gurra




4 kommentarer:

  1. Hi, this is looking really good. I'd love to hear how you obtained a model, and how you used 3D molding to clean it up for paper craft. I'm a beginner and would love to learn how you did this :)
    cheers
    C

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much! I don't remember how I got the model sorry. I've tired to find it again but no success. The one thing I do remember is the guy who uploaded it was Gadastromi something like that. I shall give him some credit.

      The first thing you wanna do if you want to do your own papercraft is to start simple.
      Learn how your 3D-software works before beginning a complex model.
      The first papercraft I did was very blocky furnitures.
      If people like to know how I did the 3D-modelling I might create post about it.

      Radera
    2. That would be great to hear how you went through that process. I've managed to make one model from scratch using pepakura http://cjm99.deviantart.com/art/Nuregami-V2-259448250 but I have yet to learn how to add the skin properly. I guess i need to find time to learn more, but if you do have time to blog about your experiences that would be a great read! :D

      your quality of model is very inspiring :)
      best of luck!
      C

      Radera
  2. Thank you Soravalor for your support. I really appreciate it :)

    SvaraRadera